Wednesday, September 24, 2008

devil cat and the monk

Since the show is over, I decided to put some of the polymer pieces I've made a while ago into necklaces. This particular one is cast from a mold I made from an antique set of pewter monks, all playing instruments or singing. They have fascinating and funny little faces. This one looked like a moon face and was the little monk holding a choral book for the other monks to look on.

Several necklaces I wrapped in vintaj brass wire, which compliments the gold leaf in the mokume gane or the bronze clay. This piece is securely held in vintaj brass, with the wires twisted here and there for added security and decoration. The chain is lovely links of vintaj brass as well, with either copper or brass vintaj lobster clasps.
Diamond Drop Green and Bronze Mokume Gane Necklace, available on my Etsy shop.
I was happy to sell several of these at the University of Richmond art sale. I have one left. The little knots are very time consuming but hold strong and flow beautifully.

Bronze mokume gane bracelet with faceted smokey quartz rondelle and copper spacer bead accents. I haven't made many bracelets, other than those in the current Belle Armoire Jewelry magazine, but I am really falling hard for copper and brass chain, not just because it is less expensive than silver but because it is already with patina in alot of cases and it is very versatile and lovely to wear in layers of several types of chains.

Twisted wire.
Everything here should be available for sale on Etsy by tomorrow. I am having technical difficulties in the shape of a large orange devil cat, who insists on tormenting me to scratch his head or play with his mouse, with me holding one end of the mouse on a string, him holding the other- ears flat, and growling. That is him growling, not me.
*sigh*
At least I got some jewelry made.

1 comment:

Gberger said...

These pieces are gorgeous. I love the "sunburst" bead. You are so talented! God bless you.