Monday, September 8, 2008

Barrel Beads



Playing around with copper and brass tubes of various sizes, some of the results of which are these brass barrels with etched French script. Each barrel is hollow, slightly smaller diameter than a dime.



I'm thinking copper tubes would look extra lovely with an etching and then a heat patina applied afterwards. Maybe something to work on tomorrow... In the meantime, it's back to business, which means back to work at home, back to work in my husband's shop, back to feeling relatively normal (whatever that is...)

My cat is sleeping on my grandmother's chair next to me, Lucy is giving me that look that she knows something is up that might include her, which means a good, long walk around the neighborhood.

Check out the barrel bead progression on my etsy site..

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ooooh - these are fab!

apologies for leaving so many comments today, by the way, but it is a quiet day at work and I have taken the time to have a good browse through your blog, I can't believe how similar our tastes are.

the jewellery you make is exactly what I have in my head that I would like to make (but I'm not quite there yet, I need much more practice)