Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tiny Egg Book


Another of my passions in life is book making. Here is a book I just completed. It is made from cut up matchbooks for the covers, vintage maps for inserts, and 70 pound drawing paper. The stitching is two needle coptic binding, although actually this technique uses six needles to sew up a nice opposite braid for each set of two holes. It has eight signatures and measures 4.5" x 2.25". I intended one more signature but Mango sat on it and mashed the papers while I was working.

Lucy and I are off to the Eastern Shore of VA now to visit my parents and deliver some jewelry.

I'm thinking of selling these on Etsy. What do you think?? Comments, please... =)

2 comments:

Gaea said...

I LOVE your books! They are soooo pretty! & useful!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I love handmade books, especially tiny ones - I think you should offer them in your shop, there's something so inviting about a handmade journal. I can see one with an etched copper cover ... YUM!