Saturday, February 6, 2010

new etsy direction

I'm really excited to introduce a new line of fabric work for sale, inspired by the fabulous array of fabrics where I am employed. This small mixed media quilted bag is the first to grace my etsy site. I have so much fun choosing colors, threads, beads, and themes for these little purses. This one is based on a saying I often employ, usually to my husband and one of his far flung ideas-- get real! The definition of "real" is the focus of the front of this hand pieced and quilted bag. The fabrics are mostly from my favorite company, Moda, and then the rest are hand made and hand dyed in my little studio.

Vintage leather red star button graces the front for the closure...

Measures 6" by 4" and comfortably opens 3" or so to hold many small items to toss in your everyday bag. It is also lovely to use as a pouch for a special piece of jewelry.

Long hand made twisted thread cording wraps around the purse for easy closure and is embellished with strands of copper and lavender bead tassels. Now available on my etsy site http://jenniferstumpf.etsy.com. postscript: this bag sold tonight! be on the lookout for more coming very very soon!

Alas, we have had another snow storm in central Virginia. *deep sigh*. Michael & Lucy think it is wonderful. It is very beautiful on the first day when the snow is virtually undisturbed, laying majestically on the trees in our neighborhood.

Still, a well placed snowball goes a long way to vent frustration with digging our car out for the second time in two weeks! This mid air frozen ball was a direct hit on my husband's right leg. Whack!! :D

Our quiet, deserted street.

6 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Jennifer, it is an absolutely inspired little pouch. The colours are so well balanced yet rythmical. Very best of luck with these fabric pieces. I love them. I know what you mean about the snow. It quite beautiful, like your photos show, but to have deal with the aftermath really isn't all that much of a grand time.

Mary Harding said...

Your new fabric bag is beautiful. Wonderful colors and textures. I am sure they will do well.

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

I love that bag, Jennifer! It's wonderful. Not only am I a beadaholic, but I am also a fabric hoarder as well. Looks like a great way to use scraps leftover from various projects.

Going to check out your shop now!

stregata said...

Love the little pouch - the fabrics are beautiful! Oh my, working in a place with fabrics - that would be constant temptation for me...
I so hear you about the snow - I just want it to go away.

Linda-B said...

I love the new direction your art is taking! The purse is very cute!

Gberger said...

That is a beautiful purse, and a gorgeous photo of your peaceful street.