Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bakelite Button Wish Pouch

Hello, Valentines!! It's been a day of fabric shopping and working on new stuff. I have a new bag up and listed on http://jenniferstumpf.etsy.com. I am starting a new venture in bag making. My new shop within a shop is called "Get Real Purses & Pouches". The button on the front flap is a HUGE vintage bakelite beauty found at a Pennsylvania antique fair last summer. I have several of these and then another stash of huge bakelites in green. The bakelite factor brings the price up, as anyone who is a vintage button fiend will know. =)

This elaborate bag has alot more detail with free motion embroidery and quilting.

Check out my little hand made "Get Real" tags sticking out of the left side. :)

This pouch has alot more detail with free motion embroidery on hand dyed muslin and chiffon...

Fabulous blazing batiks. I can't get enough of them.

Close up of free motion embroidery. Let me tell you, that's not easy on such fine and slippery fabric!

I'm heading out to dinner with my Valentine now....

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous, as always. You never cease to amaze me!

Katie said...

Love this one, too! I got my Dream puch today, and I love it SO much already! I'm not mormally a girly-girl, but I love how you've got "girly" elements in it (some of the fabrics) without it being over the top..And I love how the carpet bag material feels...

I love your new creative direction and hope that it goes well!