Friday, October 12, 2012

tokens of my affection pendant


This is a pendant I finished yesterday.  I love insertions, whether it be rivets, eyelets or clean drilled holes.  This one was meant to have another hole at the bottom to dangle a bead or charm but I accidentally sawed it off when I was cutting the piece from the sheet of silver.


This past June we had a huge yard sale since we moved to an ever smaller apartment and I sold a ton of my things, including all my ledger books that I have bought over the years at yard sales and thrift shops that I used to use all the time for my jewelry props.  Dumb, but I thought it was a good idea at the time since I hadn't made jewelry in so long, plus we made enough money at the sale to purchase a new mattress, so I didn't feel the sting until now, when I am finishing off pieces and saying, hmmmm...  what to photograph it on?  I have some old autograph books I am using (above) and some old books, but I miss my ledger books like crazy now.  Anyway, I have another version of this pendant that says "a token of my affection."  Now the question is to put them in my etsy shop as pieces by themselves?  Or finish them into necklaces?


2 comments:

Alice said...

I love these! The rivets reall make them unique. Can you do both--make some just to sell as pendants for us jewelry makers, and some made into necklaces for those who don't make jewelry?

Lorelei Eurto said...

i would love to buy the components! :)