Wednesday, December 2, 2009

do not be afraid

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27


One of my favorite bible verses put onto sterling silver with added natural and vintage elements. Now for sale in my etsy shop http://jenniferstumpf.etsy.com.

We travelled up to Wallops Island to visit my parents for Thanksgiving. While there my husband took these photos of Assateague Island at twilight.

Ibis in flight. Quite something to see and I am very sorry I missed it in person but happy Michael captured them on the camera.

The day after we devoured a good portion of Mr. Turkey and trimmings, we did what all nutty Americans do even though we know it's a bad idea-- we went shopping on Black Friday. My mom, my husband and yours truly all trekked up (with Lucy and Maggie, who refused to be left at home, in tow as well!) to Delaware to go outlet shopping. Afterwards we drove the 1/2 hour to Dover to stop at T.J. Maxx and a few other places before heading back to my parent's house. It was a long day and the dogs did very well considering they were in the car (although walked frequently) for more than eight hours. We did very well with our shopping bags too, scoring good deals on bedding at L.L. Bean, as well as jeans, thermal socks, sweaters, shirts, and the list goes on.... Here I am with my husband in his favorite Steelers jacket, enjoying a stop at our favorite Rehobeth Beach Starbucks.

And with my mom. One grande eggnog latte and one grande mocha latte, non fat milk with extra whipped, please! Oh, and some cookies, too, thank you very much, even though we ate enough to choke a cow the day before...

My dad opted out in favor of showing his photographs at a one man art show. He did well with sales for this time of year and in the economy.

Saturday my mom and I went, where else? Out for some more shopping excursions, although this time at a local school craft show. A lovely painting now graces our wall and some hand painted Christmas ornaments are stowed away awaiting the arrival of our Christmas tree. Hmm.. did we get something for anyone other than ourselves either day?? I don't think we did...
My husband worked on some pianos at churches on Saturday and Sunday we drove home, full of good food, good times and anticipation of heading back in a few weeks for Christmas!

We are going to Williamsburg this Saturday to spend the day. Walk on Duke of Gloucester Street, look at lights, eat a good dinner and the best part- choose our Christmas tree! Oh, boy, I love the smell of pine at Christmas!

This year, as last, we are doing all hand made gifts, except for a couple small things. I am a few days away from the panic that set in last year when we did the same and it was days before Christmas and madly wire wrapping and making books and painting and everything. Hopefully this year will be a bit more calm without preparation for a big trip overseas looming.

Tonight? We are off to the historic Byrd Theater in Richmond to see one of my favorite movies of all time-- Julie and Julia. *sigh*!! I am still obsessed. It's out on DVD in a few days but I may not be able to wait til Christmas!

3 comments:

Karen said...

That necklace is gorgeous and I LOVE the words. Another fun trip with the parents. You are a blessed and immensely talented girl. I'm saving my pennies for the Etsyshop and my birthday! I think it's so cool that you live in VA and talk about places that I might actually visit someday!

Anonymous said...

i love the verse and the necklace! love the photos!

Narrative jewelry said...

Beautiful necklace Jennifer, love the little things added and the stamped words.
Thank you to share with us the photos with your mother, she is a beautiful woman. Those moments are precious.