Friday, August 7, 2009

Hope is the thing with feathers...

This is a pendant I worked up last night. Emily Dickinson, one of my favorite quotes. It'll be on etsy next week when I get back from a five day getaway with my hubby.

Week two of self employment netted a commissioned piece, finished and mailed yesterday. One of these days soon, hopefully, I will stop referring my self employment to "week whatever" and it will simply and seamlessly become my life without time to mark its passage.

I'm working hard on some submissions for magazines and some totally radical designs for necklaces but once I got in my almost finished studio and got to work, the setup just didn't work for me. Everything was in my way and after a day of that it took several days to move things around, arrange tools, silver, copper, beads, wire, and all my book making stuff and fabric so that it wasn't quite so overwhelming. At one point tossing everything into the garbage bin outside seemed a realistic and stress reducing option. Of course I came to my senses.

Off for a few days now with my husband. We need a few days away from crazy, although Michael may think he is taking crazy with him. See you next week with some cool as cucumber salad jewelry to post.

4 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Oh, Emily Dickinson is my favorite! What an awesome piece!

sharon said...

WOW Jen! I missed something somewhere, because I just looked at your last post and never saw the part that your new job didn't work out.....so sorry about that. I know your creative juices will flow now, and I am pulling for you! Follow your dreams, and have a nice vaca! I wish I could do the same!! Someday...I'm working on it!

Cindy said...

Hi Jennifer
Just checking in with you and now see how life has taken a different path for you. I love your attitude and know that you will be a success at what you do..you're doing what you love. Your new pendant and earrings are all beautiful. Have a great time on vacation. :-)
-Cindy
www.sweetbeadstudio.com

TesoriTrovati said...

I am so very amazed at your decisions, and they give me fresh hope for myself. I love this quote and I just made an etched copper piece with a nod to that same poem. I am celebrating your bold and creative move to be self-employed and I will keep checking in to cheer you on! For if one among us, the best and the brightest can follow her dreams, then there is so much hope for the rest of us! Enjoy the day! Erin