Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Luminescent Talisman Necklace


Up for offer in my etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/jenniferstumpf is this lovely necklace featuring a my prettiest, highest quality moonstone and freshwater pearl beads, with a gorgeous pink and white agate bead, and a pleasing jangle of talisman charms.



I etched this little nickel pendant, along with a plethora of other etched pendants, back in my three years ago hayday of etching pendants.  It had been so long since I made this pendant, that I had to look up how I did it!  I'd forgotten how much fun it was to make these, and how each one looks completely different from the last, even using the very same text.  I like how weathered and industrial looking this one is, yet the "different" text is clearly visible.  The blue/purple lampwork disc is one of a pile I got at the Whole Bead Show in New York City in early 2008.  Unfortunately I moved three times since then and I've lost the name of the artist.  Isn't it just lovely workmanship?  And the little faceted bead is a rather hard to find mossy amethyst rondelle, with gorgeous striations throughout and a beautiful, mystical hue.  What fun to create this after a long lull in jewelry making!

Now I am starting again, like I used to, with all kinds of design ideas, and sketching them in my old sketch book.  It's almost like an awakening.




No comments: